Friday, February 21, 2014

New books, old books...

This week, I signed a contract for a new book (yay!). It's for a collection of paranormal erotic novellas, being published electronically by Escape Publishing (the electronic publishing arm of Harlequin Australia).

While I've written sex scenes before (many, MANY sex scenes), I'd not written erotica. It was a real challenge, to try to come up with new and interesting ways to keep things steamy and hot, throughout four interlinked stories.

As I've said here before - I like a good challenge. I like to test myself by trying to write things I've never done before. If they don't work that's fine - I've undoubtedly learnt something from the experience.

In this case, the publisher believes it has worked. In June, I'll find out if the readers thing so too!

Here's the blurb:

Cursed after death to live in a grey nothingness until they atone for their sins, four spirits have spent centuries doing good for others. Finally they stumble upon the true key to their salvation – because they hurt women in their real lives, they’ll only find release by now helping women to become all they should be. One by one, the spirits meet a woman and as sexual delights unfurl, the women find their happily ever after and the grey nothingness disappears, allowing the spirits to find contentment for the rest of eternity.


Meet four remarkable women – Luisa, Anna, Cara and Jan – and the four spirits that set them on a new destiny of sexual freedom and delight.

February also brought some good news about an old book.

In April, HarperCollins Australia will be re-launching the Dream of Asarlai trilogy in an omnibus (electronic only). That means you'll be able to buy all three books in one! There will be a new cover and a new price point. It's like a re-birth for the books, and I hope that it pays off.

So there you go - so far, 2014 has started with a bang. And hopefully it won't be long before I'll have MORE news to share with you.

Hope 2014 is treating you well!

No comments: