Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dead Man's Deal Is Out!

****CONTEST WINNER: Heidi Reinhardt is the winner of the signed copies of Angel's Ink and Dead Man's Deal.  Please email me your address at Jocelynn DOT drake AT gmail DOT com so I can drop the books in the mail for you.  Congratulations****


Is there anything better in this world than new book Tuesday?  Sometimes I think it's the only thing that makes the week tolerable.  In an effort to help make the week pass enjoyably, I am making my own donation to the bookshelves of the world.  Yes, the second book in the Asylum Tales series, Dead Man's Deal, is now out!

Do you like magic?
Do you like tattoos?
Do you like elves, vampires, werewolves, trolls, incubi, hobgoblins, warlocks, and talking cats?
Do you like weird and crazy stuff happening at every turn?

The Asylum Tales series could be for you.

With the second book hitting shelves today, it's a good time to start reading about Gage and his friends at Asylum Tattoo Parlor.

Here is a brief description of Dead Man's Deal:

In a gritty urban fantasy world where elves, faeries, trolls, werewolves, and vampires swim free in a sea of humanity, sometimes you need an edge. 

Looking for a little love? 
Need some luck? 
Desperate for revenge? 

Gage can give you what you need. The most talented tattoo artist in town, he knows the right symbol and the right mix of ingredients and ink to achieve your heart's desire. One tattoo is all it takes. But remember, everything has its price. 

The wizards know Gage is using forbidden magic, and they intend to punish him for his  transgressions. Too bad if innocent humans and monsters—entire cities—get in the way. They will quell a nascent magical uprising and Gage will be the sacrifice they need. First, though, they have to find him.

Here is the reading order for the Asylum Tales:

The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (prequel novella)
The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (prequel novella)
Angel's Ink
Dead Man's Deal
"Of Monsters and Men" (short story in Blood by Moonlight anthology)

Contest

To celebrate the release of Dead Man's Deal, let's have a contest.  In the comments below, tell me your favorite supernatural creature (vampire, werewolf, elf, etc...).  I will give away a signed copy of Angel's Ink and Dead Man's Deal.  If I get over 100 entries to the contest, I will give away 2 sets of books.  The contest ends on Friday, May 10 at midnight Eastern time.  The winner will be announced on Saturday, May 11.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a hard one..
I'd have to say werewolves. Yeah, werewolves.. I'd Take a werelion too. LoL!

Bonnie Gill said...

How did I miss the first book? This series sounds really good.
My favorite supernatural creature, well I have two, vampires and witches.
Congrats on the new release.
I'm going to have to check these out.

Anonymous said...

Vampires are my favorite!! I blame Ms. Anne Rice for that one - I don't care if they sparkle, burst into flames in sunlight, eat "people" food etc. I love all of them!!

SandyG265 said...

I have to say vampires because they were the first supernatural creature I ever read about.

CrystalGB said...

Werewolves and shapeshifters are my favorites. :)
Thanks for the giveaway.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

We're allowed more than 1 favorite right? Because I really love them all! Vampires, weres, shifters, warlocks, witches, angels, sorcerers, necromancers, ghosts, demons...you name it and if I've read 1 book with them in it then I am bound to love them!

But I guess if I have to pick 1, I'll go with my first paranormal read and that involved vampires!!

L. Belle said...

But it's so hard to choose just one from the awesome assortment of supernatural critters or beings!
I'd have to say wizard or sorceress, because that was one of my first loves as a reader. And who couldn't love someone like Harry Dresden, the only wizard with a yellow pages ad?
Though I love me some non-sparkly vampires from J.R. Ward's BDB series, or the pixies in Kim Harrison's Hollows series.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I tend to like weres but I've been having fun with witches and demons as well.

books (dot) things (at) yahoo (dot) com

Allison W said...

Vampires :)

Unknown said...

Wow, to pick only one... way too hard of a choice! I suppose that I will have to pick vampires though, as they were the first I read about and what led me into my love of the paranormal :)

Barbara Stephenson said...

Elves because they have long lives without drinking blood.

heidireinhardt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heidireinhardt said...

I just discovered the Asylum series and am reading Angel's Ink now. So excited to know that I'll be able to jump right into book 2 without having to wait!

My favorite supernatural creatures are witches/ wizards.

Unknown said...

Vampires and Witches

deelovesbooks said...

My favorite has to be elves, shifters and vampires

Dawn C said...

Angels then vampires.

Unknown said...

I'm a demon girl, but I wouldn't kick a vampire out of bed. No zombies though, just think of their breath.

Unknown said...

Elves and witches. Hot guys with pointy ears and bad a** woman who can do magic. What's not to love.

Unknown said...

I've always been fascinated with weres. I think werewolves and wereleopards are the most exciting.

Barbara E. said...

Even though there are so many stories out there featuring them, I still have a thing for vampires. I love it when an author comes up with a new twist to the mythology, that's always fun. I love all kinds of supernatural creatures too, but vampires are my first love.

Anonymous said...

Vampires, hands down. I can never get sick of those bloodsuckers. ;)

Unknown said...

My favorite has got to be elves! I love the mystery that surrounds them!

Alina P said...

Vampires and angels :D I have the book in my tbr, I can't wait to get to it

Jacqui said...

Vampires here

xingying said...

My favorite will be vampire!